On February 15th and 16th, there is an inspiring possibility in Kansas City for singers and worshippers, and musicologists to experience the latest developments in Gregorian Chant performance scholarship in both an educational and liturgical context with the singers of Te Deum, St. Mary’s Catholic Church, and the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, all led by Professor Eugeen Liven d’Abelardo.
Check out the full schedule, workshop details and background information about Professor d’Abelardo at te-deum.org/chant.
Saturday, Feb 15: @ Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
– 4:00pm Public presentation on the History and Practice of Gregorian Chant
– 5:15-7:00pm: Gregorian Chant MASTERCLASS for Singers
Sunday, Feb 16: @ Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
– 3:00pm REHEARSAL for singers (men & women)
– 5:00pm Public SUNDAY VESPERS (men)
Sunday, Feb 16 @ St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
– 6:00pm Fellowship dinner for participating singers
– 7:00pm COMPLINE (women)